Tuesday 8 March 2011

Viktor & Rolf 2011

This time last year Viktor & Rolf put up a great , unique show that blew me away and made my expectations about this year's collection higher than ever. The result was not the one I've expected, nor the one I thought it would be , but in one way or another it came close to it.
The tone of the collection was very sober , rigid and most important tough: some pieces made me think of some kind of stylish, artsy armour worn by beautiful and red-faced warriors , ready to fight in high heels,  gigantic collars and crowning look-a-like shoulders and arms . In order to emphasis the medieval and ready-to-fight attitude the clothes spread , the collection was presented in black and white with flashed of blood red  , along with that the music had a huge effect on the entire show as it was carefully chosen and fit the presentation perfectly : especially  " battle for the sun"  sang by a woman [ sorry I couldn't find her name ] with a deep , vibrant voice.

All in all the shows was more about the details, the feelings and the vibe of the entire collection. About the dramatic effect of the combination : black - white -red  and about the message they hide behind the surface.

Here is an animated gif that I have created with some close up photos that i liked and that I think that represent best the entire collection.
  for more close up photos enetr : Style.com





3 comments:

  1. lovely blog. please visit also mine www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    merci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog!
    Shall we follow each other? Let me know! :*

    ReplyDelete