Saturday 16 April 2011

Fruits all the way

For this spring one of the biggest trend brought by designers are the fruit prints . From Stela McCartney to Prada , Suno , Zack Posen and Wunderkind


Prada went on creating minimalist designs in bright neon colors a little bit retro and very very chic. Throughout these amazing pieces, it was brought to light am amazing banana print, funny and light which charmed me to death . 



Another thing that I loved about the Prada ss 2011 collection was the incredible promo video, which reminded me of Carmen Mirand. Full of joy, singing and dancing while wearing a fruit hat. 


Stela McCartney chose a different direction - she showed a citrus mi : oranges , lemons , grapefruits  and put on a simple white background which could easily highlight the print and the contrast between them. Even though Stela McCartney is not one of my favourites, this collection really put me in a good mood and showed me that she is so much more than I originally thought








Other designers chose other type of fruits for their collection , even though it represented only a detail or a whole print. For example Wunderkid chose cherry printed dresses and skirts, Zac Posen chose fruits only as a detail - look at the melon brooch ,
Apples are a very popular choise for Suno , Miu Miu and Luisa Beccaria while Moschino Chic and Cheap chose the pear print .












Do you like this trend or not ?

6 comments:

  1. I liiiiike!
    New follower,I loved that also followed!Kisses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow pear print dress with the puffy sleeves and empire waist (not sure who the designer is). Very cute.
    xx Allie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually do not like very many of these prints. So if it is a trend it is likely not to be one I will take part in.

    P.S. We are having a giveaway on our blog that ends tomorrow afternoon. I hope that you can jump over to our blog and enter. It was posted a couple weeks ago so you may have to go back a couple pages.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Allie : the pear printed dress is Moschino Cheap and Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love wearing citrus colors... but dont know if i would go for the fruity print! maybe on a simple white tee! :)*
    <3 Nanna
    http://fashionavecnanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete