Monday 7 February 2011

90'S CALLING !

The one thing that I always admired in the world of fashion is that it can be put in any form of visual art and it's still an outstanding creation which can show the clothes, the message behind them and the attitude they promote in a clear way.
Fashion editorials do it best  but I have to admit, that  in my case, they are  the main source of excitement and disappointment as well as they are the most important factor that helps me decide if I like that current issue or not [because in my opinion fashion editorials make 70% of the magazine]
The main reason why I'm so picky about ediorials is the fact that I find most of them boring , without a message, with no attitude and lifeless models. If the  pictures don't connect between them or don't follow the same idea then everything is pointless, and I strongly believe that the models should wear the clothes not the other way around. I feel as if hey should have more attitude in order to make you want to be them or to be like them , or at least the clothes they are wearing.

Yesterday I found these amazing editorials form the 90's on Fashion Victims   and well...they made my day. I love the fact that they are simple and classical with beautiful colors and nice touches , full of attitude and energy.


VOGUE UK OCTOBER 1994 









VOGUE US MARCH 1998







GLAMOUR FRANCE 1991





I would love to hear ur opinion on what makes a good editorial and I'd also like to see what u think about these three editorials

5 comments:

  1. Your selection is so beautiful.
    But I never was a very big fan of the 90's, but your post looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Editorials are so different now. In these photos, the models all look happy and full of life. In current editorials, models always just stare...I mean, there are tons of editorials put out today that I love, but the difference between now and the 90's is very noticeable.

    xox Courtney Michele
    http://rarereveuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so beautiful ... I just loved it! and I loved your photos! very inspiring! :)

    http://mesaprivada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tereza Anton : the 90's are not my favorite either[I'm more into the 60's ] but this editorials looked so good that I couldn't help it.

    @ Courtney: I totally agree with u , and yes there are good editorials today but I think that the whole message changed from that time till now.

    @Nathalia : thank u very much , it means a lot to me to know people like my ''little'' blog .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aggh im so glad to discover your blog.

    ReplyDelete